From time to time, a position becomes vacant for a new staff member to join our dedicated team. We seek to recruit a professional and service orientated individuals with exceptional customer service skills to join our team in positions including Bistro Food and Beverage Attendants, Function Attendants, Gaming Attendants and Supervisors, Wagering, Reception, Bus Drivers, Chefs, Kitchen hands and Management.
At the Club we are devoted to ongoing training and development for our staff, our aim is to uphold the high standard of service offered within the Clubs. Whilst industry experience is certainly advantageous, Club Kilsyth does not focus on experience in recruitment sessions. Our aim is to recruit people with the right attitude and build experience through ongoing training.
The Club ensures all employment is executed with salaries maintaining penalty rates and Fairwork Relations. Employees are subject to an intensive probationary period which is regularly reviewed by management to ensure training levels are being met and skill levels are being retained.
We recognise our staff’s commitment, service and effort through our many recognition and rewards programs across the group. Club Kilsyth recognises and rewards staff members seek to go above and beyond in their duties and who work consistently within the Club’s policies, procedures and guidelines.
Service | Professionalism | Appearance | Respect | Knowledge
Conditions of employment:
This information should be read carefully before submitting your application.
Please submit your application if you meet the following conditions:
- You MUST have your Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) and Responsible Conduct of Gambling (RCG) Certificate to be employed in any front of house position
- Potential candidates should be available for any shift over the whole seven days of the week with an emphasis on shifts throughout our core trading hours (5pm Thursday – end of trade Sunday evening).
Employees MUST meet this minimum availability.
- Employment is governed by the Licensed Clubs Award 2010
- Employment is subject to a 6 month probationary period.
- Shifts can be up to up to 12 hours in length, therefore the ability to remain on your feet for that period of time is essential.
- A passion for superior customer service is needed.
- Impeccable grooming
- A strict uniform code is enforced and is to be followed
If you believe that you meet the above criteria and feel you would make a great addition to our team, we would love to hear from you!
Interested applicants should forward their resume together with a cover letter addressing the above criteria:
PO Box 847,
Bayswater, VIC 3153